News

CBD Vapor Juice vs. CBD cartridges: what's the distinction?

cbd-vapor-juice-vs-cbd-cartridges-whats-the-distinction

Adam Pallay March 19, 2020

(Antwon McMullen / AdobeStock)

If you can't recognize all the signs in your local mom and pop store, CBD is now included in everything. At least it seems that way. To be honest, advertisements for CBD are beginning to give a certain Brawndo -y mood, but don't fear curious consumers! At Leafly we have the information you crave.

The cannabis community has enjoyed the benefits of vaporizing CBD for years. Given that CBD-dominant products (containing less than 0.3% THC) are now legal, it makes sense that CBD plays a major role in the vapus juice market.

Vapor juice is the liquid used in electronic steamers. These devices are often referred to as a vape pen, battery or mod. Traditionally, flavor and nicotine are added to vapus juice and are often used to avoid smoking tobacco products.

If you're curious about the differences between the CBD vapus juice from your corner shop and the CBD vape carts you buy in a weed shop, read on. If you are not yet familiar with CBD products or just want a refresher on this topic, read our CBD Guide .

Two types of cannabis, same CBD

The CBD oil you buy in a licensed cannabis shop comes from a different type of cannabis plant than the CBD you find in vapus juice. The potato's CBD oil is extracted from the cannabis plant that we all know and that is known as marijuana.

The CBD contained in the steam juice comes from hemp. Hemp is the preferred infusion plant because cannabis plants with less than 0.3% THC can be grown, processed and infused into products without the legal restrictions for products with these criteria .

These plants differ in their chemical profiles and the purposes for which they are grown. But at the end of the day, CBD is CBD – no matter what kind of plant you get it from or how you evaporate it. It is the other chemical compounds that go with it – natural or additive – that determine the overall experience and quality of the vape product you buy.

additives in vapus juice

In its pure form, CBD does not dissolve in water – which really makes you think about what belongs to the production of CBD water. When it comes to vaping, something needs to be added to make CBD viscous enough to function properly in a vapor system.

Vapus juice mainly consists of vegetable glycerin (VG) or propylene glycol (PG). These compounds dissolve, bind to, and make the CBD viscous enough to flow to a heat source for evaporation.

VG is thicker than PG and creates a thick cloud of smoke. PG provides a more intense feeling in your throat, which can give the feeling that you smoke plant material. It is common for a vapus juice to be a mixture of the two, with different ratios reflecting different consumer preferences.

It is important to note that VG and PG have been shown to be safe to take. However, there is no official FDA word on long-term effects from inhalation.

Additives in cannabis oil

VG and PG are sometimes also used in cannabis oil cartridges. As I mentioned above, CBD is a solid. So if you buy a vape cartridge that says it contains 97% CBD and there is a viscous liquid in the cartridge, VG or PG will most likely be used.

VG and PG are not included in any of the percentages you see on the label. They are only mentioned in the ingredients, so 97% are a bit misleading.

These percentages refer to cannabis oil, not the final blend that contains VG or PG. If the car contains 97% CBD, the remaining 3% refers to other cannabis compounds like terpenes – not VG or PG.

VG and PG are common in the world of cannabis cartridges, but are not required. There are companies that take pride in not using additives – this is a sign of quality and should be celebrated.

To find a CBD vape product without additives, visit your local pot shop .

Tension is important

Batteries for vapus juice are much stronger than batteries for cannabis vape cartridges. If the voltage is not adjusted, batteries for vapus juice can cause the cannabis cartridges to malfunction or cause injury.

As a budtender, my standard advice to customers was simple: when you vaporize a cannabis oil cartridge, use a dedicated battery. If you consume vapus juice, vaporize it from a dedicated battery.

 Adam Pallay's bio picture "class =" Inline-Block mr-md rund-voll "/>


<h4 class= Adam Pallay

Adam is Leafly's educational editor, specializing in helping people build expertise in the cannabis industry. He has spent the past five years doing every conceivable job in the cannabis retail industry and looks forward to continuing to help his clients write.

0 Comments
Share

Fire76Bri45